50fed Ras Copaon 1000m Cymru

The 50th Welsh 1000m Peaks Race

5th June 2021

Updates

Entries are open!

Updated on 1st December 2020
Entries for the 50th anniversary edition of the Welsh 1000m Peaks Race are now open! We'll be going ahead on 5th June 2021.

If restrictions relating to coronavirus are still in place, the Race Executive will follow Welsh Government and the WFRA guidelines and any travel restrictions from the other UK Governments. If the format of the race has to change we will keep you informed. If numbers have to be restricted then entry will be in date order. Refunds, less administration charges, will be automatic if we have to cancel. If you have to withdraw from the race as you have coronavirus or are have been in contact and are self-isolating we will refund in full.

As there is another race in the area on the same weekend, we suggest competitors book any accommodation required as early as possible.

This year will be Harvey Lloyd's last race as director after many years of service. Let's make it a race to remember!

We're back!

Updated on 3rd October 2020
Great news! We are planning to run the Welsh 1000m Peaks Race on 5th June 2021. It will, of course, be subject to current Welsh guidance and legislation on coronavirus and will be run in accordance with specific guidance from the FRA and WFRA.

We'll post further updates here and on our Facebook page as plans develop and conditions change.

We hope to see you on the hills again soon!

Coronavirus

Updated on 17th March 2020
Given the latest statements from the Government, the organisers of the Welsh 1000m Peaks Race have decided to cancel the race for 2020.

We would like to thank all entrants for their support. Fabian 4, who manage race entries for us, will refund your entry fee less 4.5% and £1.70 for administration costs.

It is, of course, a great disappointment to all concerned. The Government made it clear that everyone can still exercise as long as we keep appropriate distance from others. We may not be training for races given the situation, but it is going to be important for our physical and mental health to keep moving!

We'll be in contact later in the year to outline plans for next year’s race which should take place on June 5th 2021. Further updates will be posted here and on our Facebook page.
Please note, in our original update the Fabian 4 administration fee was incorrect. This was corrected on 22nd March 2020.